Planning a Hotel Wedding: Tips and Checklist
The process of planning a wedding can feel overwhelming. With so many things to do, it’s hard to find time to check everything off your to-do list before the big day arrives. Fortunately, hotel wedding venues take some of the guesswork out of planning your celebration. When you get married at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, our experienced team will help you through the planning process to make your nuptials stress-free.
Whether with us or elsewhere, here are some important tips for planning a wedding at a hotel.
Finding the Right Hotel Wedding Venue
Before you can start planning your wedding, you’ll need to find the right venue. Hotels make ideal wedding venues because they offer all the space and amenities you need for a wonderful celebration. Hotel room blocks also provide a comfortable and convenient lodging option for your out-of-town guests.
When it comes to picking a hotel, there are many different types, ranging from spacious urban hotels to cozy country inns. You’ll want to explore your options to see which hotel best fits your wedding’s theme and aesthetic. An intimate family-only wedding will require a much different setting than a glamorous affair with more than 200 guests. You’ll also want to make sure that your venue offers hotel wedding packages that align with your vision.
Most hotels have multiple spaces where you can host a wedding, so you’ll need to determine which space is most appropriate for your wedding. You’ll need to make sure that the space can comfortably accommodate all of your guests and can be decorated to your liking. You’ll also want to consider the general atmosphere you’re looking for. For example, do you prefer a dreamy garden wedding or a spacious banquet hall? The Hotel at Arundel Preserve has a wide selection of rentable meeting spaces that you can easily customize to suit your wedding needs.
It’s also very important to make sure that the hotel you choose has plenty to do in the surrounding area. Your guests will need restaurants and entertainment to enjoy before and after the wedding. The Hotel at Arundel Preserve is just a few minutes away from Arundel Mills, which offers some of the best shopping, dining and entertainment in Maryland. Our property is also just 30 minutes away from the rich history and culture of downtown Maryland. Washington, D.C. and Annapolis are also within driving distance.
Consider the Costs: Hotel Wedding Packages and Room Rates
For many couples, keeping costs under control is one of the most challenging parts of planning a wedding. It’s important to set a realistic budget ahead of time and factor that budget in when choosing a hotel venue. There are a variety of hidden costs and fees associated with wedding celebrations, so it’s important to budget slightly more than you think you need for your big day.
To keep your budget under control, work with your fiancé to decide what you want to prioritize and where you can cut costs. Don’t feel guilty about skipping expensive traditions that don’t feel true to your vision, and look for DIY opportunities to help you save money.
Hotel wedding venues often offer packages that include food, drinks, decor and services at a flat per-person rate. These packages are usually much more affordable than paying for catering, bartending and other services separately. You’ll also be able to choose from a variety of different menu options to decide what’s best for your celebration.
Hotel weddings are also very cost-effective for your guests. Many venues offer hotel room blocks with discounted rates for your guests, so you can rest easy knowing that they have an affordable lodging option available. Since your guests will be staying on-site, they won’t have to pay for car rentals or ride-shares to attend the wedding.
Wedding Checklists: Check Off “To-Do’s” Before Saying “I Do”
Yes, wedding planning can be overwhelming, but it can also be very fun. This is an exciting season in your life, so it’s important to savor the moment. It’s also a great opportunity to bond with your family, your bridal party, and most importantly, your fiancé. Creating a wedding checklist will help you stay organized and minimize stress throughout the planning process.
We’ve created a checklist of some of the most important things to do as part of your wedding planning process. It’s important to note that this is not a comprehensive list. Your wedding checklist will vary depending on the size and type of wedding you want to have. Sites like The Knot and LiveAbout offer more in-depth checklists to get you started.
- Set your wedding budget and priorities. This will guide the rest of the wedding planning process.
- Choose a wedding planner. Depending on the complexity of your wedding, you may not necessarily need a planner. A day-of wedding coordinator is a more affordable option for small weddings.
- Tour potential venues and choose the best option.
- Create your guest list and send save the dates. You’ll also want to choose your wedding party.
- Consider honeymoon destinations. If you’re taking a honeymoon right away, start looking for destinations in advance, so you’re not stuck planning at the last minute.
- Book your vendors. Your vendors are an essential part of your big day, so it’s important to book them well in advance. Some crucial wedding vendors include a florist, cake baker, photographer, makeup artist and DJ, just to name a few.
- Choose your wedding outfits. Start by choosing a dress and a suit for the bride and groom. You’ll also need to determine what your bridal party is wearing. Work with each member of your wedding party to find an outfit that is appropriate and fits the theme. Keep in mind that your attire may need alterations as the wedding approaches, so schedule appointments with your tailor accordingly.
- Send wedding invitations and create a website. Wedding websites are a convenient way to collect RSVPs and give your guests helpful information about your wedding location, schedule, dress code and more. Don’t forget to create a registry for wedding gifts!
- Choose your wedding band.
- Plan your wedding schedule. Decide what traditions you’d like to include in the ceremony and discuss them with your officiant. You’ll also need to decide on the schedule for your reception. Confirm everything with your vendors.
- Make your seating chart.
- Celebrate with a bachelor or bachelorette party. As the wedding approaches, make sure to schedule some time to let loose with your closest friends.
- Apply for your marriage license. This should be done at least a few weeks before the wedding.
Book Your Wedding at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Located in Hanover, Maryland, the Hotel at Arundel Preserve is the perfect venue for a luxury wedding. With stunning ballrooms and an unbeatable location, we have everything you need to make your special day perfect. Request a proposal today to learn more about our wedding packages or schedule a tour.